Friday, January 22, 2010

When it rains, it pours.

Oy Vey.  Does it ever...

I told you about my "problem" with my bachelorette party (not really a problem, as we can always replan.  More like a disappointment).  Well, in addition to the stress of dealing with that, I now I have to deal with Court.  Yes, Court.

Apparently, I have court scheduled for February 3rd.  I won't go into details, because it's just too much.  Either way, it doesn't change the fact that I didn't know, court is in less than 2 weeks, and I am stressed beyond belief.  Add in the health care issue (ie me trying to get full coverage), well, my anxiety level is sky high.

Thank God for Brian.  I don't know what I would do without his support and love.  He is determined to stick this out by my side, and for that I am eternally grateful.  He is my blessing from Heaven and the Father above, no doubt.

Tonight he took me to the mall.  I got all dolled up (which I don't do often at all!), and we went browsing.  Well it was a good thing we did, because we got some great news.  Not only did I have a $15 gift card to spend at Sephora (where the eye shadows I wanted were only $7!!!), but we also went to Coach to check out the cracking on my purse.  They told me they could send it away to try and have it fixed, but because it's more than a year old, there was no guarantee.  Now, I love my Coach purse.  I don't really have any other "loves" in life- I can't wear shoes that aren't up to standard and I am not huge into jewelry.  I do love my handbags, though.  And I use them-and use them hard.  They certainly don't sit in a closet somewhere gathering dust. 

When I heard that there was no guarantee, I hesitated about sending it away- I love my purse!  But then she gave me glorious news- if I don't send it away and 'deal with it (the breaking)', then Coach will offer me 40% off any one object in the store (since their products are supposed to withstand the test of time).  I have been asking for a nice leather purse for a while now, and Brian has hinted at one for my birthday.  Now, though, it seems inevitable- I can't pass up a deal like that!  I told him that he could combine birthday and Valentine's Day, and maybe go halfers with my mom.  We will see.  He knows which one I love.  I may call the outlet store and maybe check there as well, just to see if we can get a better deal.  Who knows? 

After walking the mall, we met up with two of my girlfriends (and one of their husbands) for ice cream.  I love these girls- they are so supportive, so sweet, and such strong examples of women.  I am so happy they were brought into my life, and I can't wait to see where life takes our relationships.  After being burned by a former friend who essentially used me for her own benefits and discarded me when I no longer suited her needs, having some true friends who ginually care for me is a wonderful and enlightening thing.

We had a riot while eating ice cream- we laughed and laughed, then laughed some more.  I love simple moments like that.  It doesn't take alot of money for the thing in life that really matter.  A few dollars, a bowl of ice cream, and a great group of friends is one of those things that make it all worth it.  While there are others out there who thing it takes expensive things (like expensive jewelry and cars) and expensive experiences, those are the ones who will not only never learn the true meaning of happiness, but they will be miserable in all relationships of life, including marriage.  I pity those who don't know true happiness- it's a wonderful gift in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment