Friday, June 5, 2009

The cat that started it all

Brian and I met, originally, through church. We attended the same church together when we were young (think birth to 5th grade). At that point, Brian transferred to another church, due to health concerns for his mom (loong story, but his mom is allergic to aspergilous mold, and the church had some in it). I distinctly remember being told that Brian and his family were leaving because "his mom was allergic to the church".

Fast forward, oh, 12 years. I have transferred to a new church myself, with my family. Brian and I reconnect over the internet, and the topic of church membership comes up- where we promptly realize that we attended together in our younger years. Our families know each other, so there's nothing dangerous about this internet reconnection story. Brian and I meet up for a date, and a few days later, make it official that we were together.

Fast forward again, this time 8 months. Brian is moving out into his own apartment, and I have thoroughly convinced him that when he moves, getting a new cat (a baby kitten, and it must be a girl) is the best idea. So we adopt our Baby Mrs. Kitties, AKA Willow, who proceeds to provide much entertainment and love.

Not so fast forward, 4 more months. It's Christmas Eve, and I am dang sure and shootin' that Brian has a ring- I helped him pick it out! Problem is, buddy has taken a liking to amusing himself at my expense, teasing me whenever the urge overtakes him. I have no idea when it's coming. We get home from doing Christmas with his family, and are getting ready to go over to my mom's to meet up with family there. As I am prettying myself, I hear him frantically in the kitchen, "Come quick, there's something wrong with the baby!" Of course, I am off like a rocket, out of the bathroom half dressed and one eye made up, into the kitchen. I look down- funny, the baby seems fine, eating normal. I look closer- there's something white around her neck, something that doesn't belong on her all dark coloring. I pick her up, look closer, and BAM- there's the ring, around her neck. I can't speak. I am a sniveling, half laughing half crying, as he takes the kitty from my arms and asks me to marry him. Of course, I say yes! The best part- the entire time, Baby Mrs. was struggling to get down. She wanted to finish her dinner!

So, because of a cat that wanted to eat, we are now planning a wedding together, set for October 2, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment