Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Twitter

Recently, Brian got fed up with the way our society works, in regards to disabled folks. When you are engaged to one, discriminatory events and things open your eyes to how disabled people are truly treated. And when Brian gets upset, he becomes active about it. It's one of the reasons I am so blessed to have him. Instead of doing nothing, or complaining (which I will admit, I have a tendency to do), or blaming, he becomes active and sets out to change, whether it be laws, viewpoints, or whatever he can affect. His activist mindset is one thing that attracts me to him, and I am hoping that being around him will change me for the better. There are so many things he does that I can only hope to strive towards, and I am so lucky to have him, and his love- there are times I definitely do not deserve it.

Back on track, when certain events happened that Brian could not ignore any longer, he decided to do something about it. What did he do? He started a Twitter, specifically for cataloging events, locations, people and places that have an impact, positively or negatively, big or small, on the disabled community- mostly in Delaware, but other places we go as well. I am so proud of him! Without doing much, he already has 30+ followers, and it's not been that long at all.

If you want to follow him, head to http://twitter.com/handicappedDE. Feel free to follow him on there. I am so proud, so blessed, so in love with the man that I am pledging my life to, and I couldn't be more happier that God sent him to me. I am so thankful, in so many ways, for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment